Saturday, April 5, 2014

Week 12

I really enjoyed watching Stan Christensen’s e-corner video Avoid the Wrong Job. I found myself making some of the mistakes mentioned. I recently moved locations and needed to find a job quickly. All of the applications I filled out were requiring me to have tons of different skills and experiences that I did not have. So I concentrated on trying to find a job that would give me some skills that managers wanted-money handling experience, customer service, assistant experience, etc. I finally ended up with a job that is giving me some additional experience to put on my resume, but I don’t find it to be all that exciting and would not pursue a career in this field. It is a shame that I focused so much on what I thought other people wanted for me, that I wasn’t focusing on who would want what I already have. We finished the wonderful book So You Want to be An Entrepreneur this week! I’m a bit sad to have finished simply because I felt like I was learning something new each week. But I’m grateful for everything I have learned so far and will be putting it all to use soon (I just took the first step in starting my company, yay!).

No comments:

Post a Comment