Saturday, January 11, 2014

Week 0

I just finished my first week in the Entrepreneur Journey class and it went great! I especially enjoyed the LDS Perspective section where I was able to read A Disciple Preparation Center and Your Whole Souls as an Offering Unto Him by Elder David A. Bednar. I was able to gain a deeper appreciation for Brigham Young University-Idaho, the curriculum, faculty and peers. I am thankful to have the opportunity to study at this “temple of learning” and will try my best to put their advice to practice as I go through this class. I also benefited from the clip Do What You Love and the Money Will Follow by Guy Kawasaki. I’m pleased that we were instructed to watch this clip early on in the semester because it made me think of why I want to start a business. This made me more certain that I am going into the business industry for the right reasons; I believe in my product and want to share it with the world. Finally, the task that stood out most to me most was the video clip of President Hinckley dedicating the Hinckley building at BYUI. He gave such an inspirational talk and I hope to always remember the guidance he gave to us as students, “There is no end in sight for the good you can do. Do you know it? You are just simple kids. You are not geniuses. I know that. But the work of the world isn't done by geniuses. It is done by ordinary people who have learned to work in an extraordinary way, people of your kind who can do these things”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment