Saturday, January 25, 2014

Week 2

This week was all about honestly and business ethics! So many things stood out to me during my studies and I am re-dedicating myself to always being honest in my life and dealings with other people. In my previous point of view, I pictured “businessmen” as slimy car dealers who rip honest people off. Obviously this was a terrible perspective, but I am so glad that I have made a full turn around. There are so many great business people in the world today, many of whom are completely trustworthy. I’m blessed to be able to learn about so many examples of what I want to be during my time in this class. “Making a Living and a Life” by Lynn G. Robbins must be one of the best business related devotionals I have read. I loved how he talked about the primary motivations of different sorts of people. The one that I want to be is A: Having a love for God and fellowmen before money. This reminds me of the scripture Jacob 2:18-19, “Before you seek for riches, seek the kingdom of God.  And after ye have obtained a hope in Christ ye shall obtain riches, if ye seek them; and ye will seek them for the intent to do good.” If we seek God before riches, we will be taken care of. It may not be in the ways that we expect, but we will be blessed. Lastly, I enjoyed the video by Jan Newman. He spoke about having “skin in the game”. If we do not fully commit ourselves to our business or goals, it will take much longer to succeed. He taught me to always treat money as my own and, very importantly, take risks!

No comments:

Post a Comment