Saturday, February 8, 2014

Week 4

I really enjoyed this week’s reading about Erica Mills. I appreciated learning about an entrepreneur that is caught between being a full-time business person and a full-time mother. I, and I’m sure many other women in the class, could relate to the decisions she had to make. All of the reading has been inspiring thus far in the course, but those have all been about men who are able to dedicate their careers to pursuing the things they want to accomplish. That isn’t very realist for a woman, like me, who wants to dedicate her life to her family, as well as start a business. It’s just different. I also enjoyed answering the questions from the book “So You Want to be an Entrepreneur”. I was able to take time and think about who I am and what I want in life. The ten characteristics of successful entrepreneurs gave me courage to pursue my career in business. At first, I didn’t think I had that many traits in common with successful business people, but I learned that all you need is: Courage, Vision, Confidence, Action, Persistence, Dedication, Faith, Communication, Integrity and Adaptability. I then realized that if I work on all of these traits, one at a time, I could eventually exhibit them all! I’m excited to see where that book will take me and how my answers will change over the course of the chapters. I would like to share a quote so I don’t forget it, Mark Twain said, “All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure.”

No comments:

Post a Comment