Saturday, February 1, 2014

Week 3

We’ve read and watched a few videos about living your life in a way that will make you the happiest, at least that it what stood out to me. The video “Do What You Love” outlined what we should be doing with our lives when he explained ‘the three circles’. He talked about balancing our lives and career between doing something that you’re good at, something that you’re born to do, and something that someone will pay you for. If you hit all three of these circles right in the center, I believe that you would have a happier career and personal life. This week, I learned a very important lesson about myself and what I want to do with my life. I lived in the UK with my husband for a year and a half and never had the chance to visit any family or friends. I was rarely even able to call anyone! Right before I started this new online semester at BYUI, we moved back to California and we are constantly around (most of) my family. It has been great, but I realized this week that I have been putting work over some people dearest to me. I have always been very close to my sister, who lives in Utah. Since I’ve been back, she has called me multiple times, but I have always cut the conversation short because I was either on my way to one of my two jobs or doing homework. I promised myself that I never want to be so busy that I forget who and what is most important for me. I know that there are times in life where you need to work even harder than usual, but what is the point in working so hard, for whatever reason, when you can’t even spend time with the ones you love? In the article “How Will You Measure Your Life?”, Clayton Christensen said that he always made time to have breakfast and dinner with his family. What a great example this is to me! Family is first, so I should act like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment