Saturday, February 22, 2014

Week 6

I loved reading “What’s Business For?” by Charles Handy. One thing that stood out to me was when he said currently, major companies treat their employees like liabilities, not assets. I want to make sure that my business never takes advantage of an employee’s time and effort. I want my workers to feel that they belong doing what they are doing, and want to make them love it as possible. My goal is to always keep my perspective as it is now-not as a corporate robot. My whole reason to building my company is to help people in my community and around the world. I don’t want to ever forget that or trade it in for money. Before I forget, I want to mention something I actually learned last week but forgot to include it. During a marketing video, I learned the Japanese word otaku. To me, this means someone being someone totally obsessed with what you’re selling that they are willing to tell everyone they know about you. These are the people I want to market to-not the most common person in my area. I really enjoyed answering the mentor questions from reading “So You Want To Be An Entrepreneur” this week. I used my imagination and created a little future business in my head. It was so nice to forget about all of the technical aspects of building a business and focus on the fun stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment