Saturday, October 3, 2015

Lesson 2

A quote by President David O. McKay in The Creative Journey powerpoint really stood out to me. He said, “Meditation is one of the most secret, most sacred doors through which we pass into the presence of the Lord.” Meditation is such an important partner to prayer that is so often forgot about. We should take the time to meditate before and after we pray so that we’re giving an opportunity for the Spirit to speak to us directly.
I loved being reminded of Tom Monaghan’s story. I am still in awe of his dedication to his faith and how far he has taken it. There aren’t many people who are so touched by a book that they completely change their entire lifestyle so dramatically.
The Entrepreneur Report, while very lengthy, was so interesting to me! I read it over a few days in my spare time and I’m so glad I did. I realized that I love learning about business in other countries. It was funny to me how China has simply copied all of our popular websites to use over there. But the point was right, you don’t have to recreate things that already work. Sometimes you just need to make it better and easier for the public. I’ll have to keep that in mind when I start my business. It doesn’t have to be revolutionary, just better than everything else.

I’ve decided to do canvas art for my $100 challenge. I believe that there are lots of people in my circle of friends that would buy them, especially since the money is going towards such a great cause. First, I’ll have to buy the art supplies needed and make a few example canvases so that I can show people what they’d be buying. Then I can start advertising!

No comments:

Post a Comment