Saturday, October 31, 2015

Lesson 6

Lessons Learned
My favorite part about this week was learning about how Zappos hires their employees. They put everyone through a lengthy hiring process and then offer them a few thousand dollars to quit. This helps to weed out the people who aren’t dedicated or have a passion for what Zappos does. These people would rather take the money and find a job elsewhere. I think this is a great concept to apply to any business. Even though it may be more costly, I’m sure they’re better off with the employees who truly see themselves working in the Zappos culture and environment.

$100 Challenge

Unfortunately, I haven’t progressed much on my small business. Last week I realized that people are willing to pay more money for a product if they know the money is going to a good cause. This is great, but I also want people to want to buy my product because they like it. Maybe once they taste the baked goods, they’ll start to want to buy them ‘just because’. I have decided that I’m going to sell 18 very large cookies for at least $10 because they’re homemade from the finest ingredients. I also use my homemade brown sugar, which takes time but dramatically adds to the taste and wow factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment