Saturday, March 1, 2014

Week 7

This week taught me many great lessons. First, I read in So You Want to Be an Entrepreneur about how important it is to ask friends and family for advice and investments. Honestly, I’m not comfortable at all in asking people for money, but I guess in this business it is expected. I need to really come out of my shell and make connections and don’t be afraid to ask people for advice. The Heath Bradley e-corner video taught me that people want to help us in our goals and endeavors; we just need to ask! Elder Holland’s talk However Long and Hard the Road really impressed me. He spoke with such authority and learned from his own experiences that what he is saying is true. He spoke about a quote from Winston Churchill that never impacted me until today: “We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.” I love this quote by Winston Churchill because he conveys just how far he is willing to go to protect what is his. No matter what conditions, he was willing to press forward. I want to remember the feeling I had when watching Elder Holland speak this quote. I know that I must never give up on what I believe, or on my dream of creating a business. 

No comments:

Post a Comment