Saturday, March 15, 2014

Week 9

I feel like chapter 6 in “So You Want to be an Entrepreneur” was the most beneficial to me so far. It talked a lot about the reasons people use for not starting their business. I have found that I was using some of those same reasons. One major concern for me was that I’m so young and inexperienced! I know that I’m able to handle difficult things, but I just didn’t know if I was ready. The book taught me that if I think like this, I’ll never be ready. I have so many advantages of starting early-why waste them?! I don’t have family relying on me, I have a husband who is doing well and starting law school soon, and I’m not tied down to any one career path. If I’m going to start something, now is the perfect time. I can’t believe I’ve been putting it off for a busier, more hectic future ahead. One thing I’d like to remember from reading “The Heart of Entrepreneurship” is this question: How can I make innovation, flexibility, and creativity operational? This stood out to me because it summarizes where our thoughts should be when building a business. I don’t want to retain the “administrator” mindset, but keep innovating and creating new things for people to enjoy. I loved this week so much because it gave me hope that I can actually do this! Now I just need to keep to momentum…

No comments:

Post a Comment