Saturday, November 7, 2015

Week 7

Lessons Learned
This has been one of my rougher weeks, trying to balance life, running a home, school, and taking care of my newborn. Not being able to fulfill all of the things I feel like I should, chores, school work, etc., has taken a toll on me. However, the group discussion board question: What actions are you taking to build your weaknesses into strengths? has brought me peace. Ether 12:27 states, “And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.” Even though I’m weak in many aspects, I can always (and often, sadly, forget) that I can and should lean on my Father in Heaven for help. I have definitely been humbled this week. I can’t do everything on my own, but with the help of my Father, I can. I know that with lots of hard work on my part (daily scripture study, faith, trust, being humbled) He can take my weaknesses and change them into strengths.

$100 Challenge

This week as a learning experience for sure! I bought all of the necessary ingredients for my product. The total was $12, which I was extremely happy about. I made the cookie dough balls and tested them in my kitchen. They took 16 minutes to bake beautifully. The trick with my recipe is that you have to take them out of the oven before they look done. They will still look gooey. I took some frozen dough balls to my friend’s house to test them in her oven because I want to see how they would turn out when baked by someone else. She left them in for 19 minutes because she said they didn’t look done (even though I told her the trick). They were completely overbaked and didn’t taste as nice. I have a feeling that most people won’t heed my instructions, resulting in cookies that aren’t as good. I’m worried that the work will get out that they aren’t very good and people will stop ordering them. I don’t know what to do…I wonder if fully baked cookies freeze well. However that would take up more time and resources if I have to bake all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment