Friday, November 13, 2015

Week 8

Lessons Learned
I loved the article about hiring slow and firing fast. It is so important to really get to know who you’re hiring to represent you and your company. Many people wouldn’t trust others with their most prized possessions, so why should they automatically trust someone they just met to take care of part of your company? This is why so many businesses end up with rude salespeople or telemarketers…they didn’t hire properly. While they may think that hiring slow takes up more time and money, I think these unworthy workers are really hurting the businesses that hired them. Firing fast is also so important, and I need to prepare now. I get so attached to people and take into considerations their lives, families, etc. Letting your emotions get the best of you isn’t a good way to conduct business. This reminds me of times on the TV show Shark Tank. Someone walks in with a great and touching background, but a not-so-good company or product. Even though the sharks are touched by their personality or experience, they never actually make an offer based on that alone.

$100 Challenge

This week I tested out my product by giving samples to friends and people in my social circle. Everyone loved them! A couple people came to me asking when I’m starting to sell them. I told them this weekend, which is great because it will force me to start taking orders! 

1 comment: