Saturday, November 21, 2015

Week 9

Lessons Learned
I absolutely loved Roxanne Quimby’s story. It was amazing how she and Burt created this major company from literally nothing. This proves to me that if you have the right idea, you don’t necessarily need money to start making money. Furthermore, they were completely debt free, which is unique to come by these days. I believe that her poor past helped her understand how to spend and use money to its highest potential. It was quite funny how she become a millionaire but had to have her sister co-sign for a credit card! No matter what I decide to do, I know that it will be a goal of mine to be debt free.

$100 Challenge

I received 6 orders this week by posting on Facebook! I learned a lot about speeding up my baking process. Instead of measuring out each ingredient while I’m baking a batch of cookies, I measured all six batches at once. I put the ingredients in their own zip lock bags, one for sugars and one for flours. This helped me make batches when I was short on time. I already put in 9 hours of preparation work for this week. Now that I have all of the dough made, tomorrow I’m going to invite a friend over to help me make it into balls and deliver them to my customers. I’ve created an online survey where they can tell me their opinions of my cookie. I decided to do this in case I want to continue selling my cookies after this class is over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment